Congratulations on your Engagement.
The Wedding Process and What’s Included in the Fee.
The process for getting married is as follows;
1) The first step is choosing your celebrant, meeting with him/her and filling out the Notice of Intended Marriage along with the Confirmation/Booking Form. This needs to be done no sooner than one month and one day prior to your marriage.
You will need to bring along to this first meeting 1) your Birth Certificates or Passports and 2) photo ID. If you have been married previously you will also need to bring along proof of how that marriage was terminated. The Notice Of Intended Marriage is then signed in front of your celebrant who then witness’s your signature.
At this stage you will be given a folder containing various information including sample ceremonies, vows, readings etc along with some information from the Attorney General re Relationships.
2) The second step in the process is to choose your ceremony. I am here to assist you in any way to have the ceremony of your choice. After all it is your ceremony. However there are a couple of things that have to be included to be legal and that includes the Monitum which I am legally required to read out, the inclusion of the legal vow which precede your chosen personal vows and I must include your full names at least once during the ceremony. After you have submitted your ceremony to me, I shall include the legal requirements and shall then ask you to proof read the ceremony for your final approval. The Ceremony should be chosen and finalized at least one month before your wedding day. This allows for any changes or inclusion’s but no further changes can be made in the two weeks prior to your wedding day. A fee will incur if there are changes made to the ceremony content in the final two weeks.
3) The third step in the process is the signing of a Statuary Declaration stating that neither of you are married, married each other since filling out the Notice of Intended Marriage, are of marriageable age and there are no other legal impediments to prevent you being married. This Statuary Declaration is done as close to the time of your wedding and I provide the Declaration and witness your signatures. This can be done at the Rehearsal.
4) The fourth step is the Rehearsal and ideally should be held where you are going to be married. Arrangements to have all the wedding party present is a good idea. The ceremony itself is not read out as the rehearsal is mainly about who stands where, the timing, the procession of the wedding party etc. A rehearsal ensures that everybody knows what they will be doing on the day and assists in the smooth running on your special day.
5) The fifth and final step is the wedding ceremony on the day. I arrive at least 20 to 30 minutes prior to the arranged time to set up, ensure groom and groomsmen are in their places when the bride arrives and when the bridal party is in their place and the bride is ready the ceremony shall begin. At the Signing stage of the ceremony you will be asked to sign three documents and your witness shall be asked to also sign the same documents. The bride will sign with her maiden name.
At the end of the ceremony whilst you both are mingling with your guests, I shall quietly pack up and make my departure as my role is now complete. Finally I shall finish completing all the legal forms and post same to the Victorian Births Deaths and Marriages.
My fee for all of the above is $400 to $490 and is inclusive in that it covers travel, phone calls, P.A. system, postage, unlimited contact to assist with your ceremony if needed, a rehearsal and of course my presence on the day to perform your ceremony My fee also includes doing all the legal paperwork including the Notice of Intended Marriage form, the Statuary Declaration, the couples Marriage Certificate and the Wedding Registrar and sending all required paperwork to Births, Deaths and Marriages in a timely way.
I hope this demystifies and answers any questions you may have had about the process of getting married but if it doesn’t, please don’t hesitate to ask me as I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
I however do ask for a $50 non refundable deposit to secure your booking with the remainder of monies to be paid four weeks before the ceremony.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me either my Email or by telephoning 0403407633 or 51274348 to make an appointment or just to discuss any questions you may have.